- ITEM IS “NOT AS DESCRIBED”
- ITEM DOESN’T WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD
- ITEM HAS A SECURITY VULNERABILITY
- ITEM CUSTOMIZATION IS PROMISED BUT NOT PROVIDED
- ITEMS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DOWNLOADED
- WHY A REFUND MAY NOT BE GIVEN
- RESOLVING DISPUTES
Hi, welcome to the Refund Rules. These rules outline what you can expect from the items you buy. I provide a transparent approach to refunds giving you a great platform experience and a “fair go”.
Please be aware that in addition to these rules, each country has its own laws surrounding refunds, and these local laws are not excluded if they apply to you.
Here are the situations in which we expect authors to give a refund on an item and related services you have purchased. For more information please contact me via the contact page.
1. ITEM IS “NOT AS DESCRIBED”
An item is “not as described” if it is materially different from the item description or preview so you should expect them to “tell it like it is” when it comes to the features and functionality of items. If it turns out the item is “not as described” you will be entitled to a refund.
2. ITEM DOESN’T WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD
If an item doesn’t work the way it should and can’t easily be fixed you are entitled to a refund of the item. This includes situations where the item has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if you’d known about the problem in the first place. If the item can be fixed, then I will do so promptly by updating the item otherwise, you are entitled to a refund of that item.
3. ITEM HAS A SECURITY VULNERABILITY
If an item contains a security vulnerability and can’t easily be fixed you are entitled to a refund of the item. If the item can be fixed, then I will do so promptly by updating the item. If the item contains a security vulnerability that is not patched in an appropriate timeframe then you are entitled to a refund of that item.
4. ITEM CUSTOMIZATION IS PROMISED BUT NOT PROVIDED
If you buy an item as including item customization and you do not provide that support in accordance with the item support policy you will be entitled to a refund of your purchased support.
5. ITEMS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DOWNLOADED
If you have not downloaded a purchased item within 3 months from the date of purchase, you may be eligible for a refund. You will be required to provide me the order number to verify your claim that you have not downloaded an item. Although we think 3 months is a reasonable time, depending on where you are located, you might have a longer period to claim a refund if you have purchased for personal use and haven’t downloaded the item.
7. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
7.1 All Digital Products featured on our site are subject to availability. We reserve the right to change or remove a Digital Product or other content on the site at any time without notice or liability to You. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice, if we think that the use of your content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that any content might result in liability to Us or anyone else.
7. WHY A REFUND MAY NOT BE GIVEN
If the item is materially similar to the description and preview and works the way it should, there is generally no obligation to provide a refund in situations like the following:
- you don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it;
- the item did not meet your expectations;
- you simply change your mind;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the item because it has been removed (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).
8. RESOLVING DISPUTES
If you and I can’t come to an agreement about a refund, you can raise a dispute in 2Checkout. They will handle the issue.